This morning my husband woke me up by opening the curtains and telling me it was snowing. That’s a great way of waking up because I love the snow. But snow here is not like the snow I’m used to back home. At least not for the years I’ve lived here. The temperature never drops enough to keep it on the ground here. It’s beautiful for as long as it lasts. By the time hubby came back from work it was already rained away. How rude of nature. Sigh, oh well. Can’t do anything about it. All I’ll do is hope for it to return around mid December and hopefully stay a while!
We leave for Norway on the 22nd of December and I am so excited. I can’t WAIT! I really need to see my family now ❤ I hope ya’ll are excited for Christmas too. I got my baby a cute teddy bear that lights up in different colors and that giraffe chewing toy thing that I’ve seen online a lot. It’s so cute. What’s her name.. I can’t remember. But I thought that was a good enough gift for baby’s first Christmas. He doesn’t know what presents are yet of course so I decided to keep it low. He’ll most likely receive a lot of stuff from his extended family anyway so. Haha! But I am excited to put “from Mom and Dad” on the present. It’s still weird to know that I am “mom”. I love it though. More than anything.
On another note. Have you seen Stranger Things yet? I have. And you should see it too. My husband and I finished season 2 last night and within a week and a half we managed to get all the episodes in after baby was in bed at night. And it’s so so so good. Even though I’m usually a bit skeptical of scary shows or movies, this was just right. We had so much fun watching this together, hubby got really into it. Haha! I highly recommend it.
Just wanted to check in. How are you today? Any advice for me going on a super long car ride with a (then) almost 11 month old? I’m nervous!
So baby puked up his dinner last night and he seemed to have a terrible tummy ache. He cried super hard before each time he threw up and had these moments in between where he went completely silent and just snuggled up to me. This has never happened before and it’s the first time he’s been sick since he was born. It was difficult knowing how to handle it in my head after it was over. Seeing that for the first time was so sad But I guess it could have happened many months ago so in that way he’s lucky.
He’s fine today. He slept good last night and has breastfed just fine. I gave him a banana for breakfast. It’s lunchtime soon and I’m not sure what he should eat. I’m nervous. I think I’ll go for mainly cold things today. And definitely not anything with pasta in it. That went horribly wrong last night. Poor baby It’s a year of firsts, including experiencing the sad things.
Three nights in a row now my husband and I have been watching ‘An Idiot Abroad’ and I can’t get enough of this guy. Karl Pilkington. I mean, come on. Even his name is legendary. We laugh our asses off watching this show. Absolutely hilarious. I wish I could hang with him for a day! He’s loveable, cute and funny without knowing it. Click here to watch the first episode of his show. I love him and his torturer Ricky Gervais. HAHA! A post out of the ordinary but I had to share it.
Like I said in my previous post I have no inspiration for any blog posts. But I searched my brain last night and I’m scraping at the bottom of the barrel for something to write. I’d like to just start with an easy post so that my inspo might pick back up again. Pressing the “Publish” button is always fun so I think I’ll try harder to make my blog a more active place.
I thought about putting down some random facts about myself. I don’t know if that’s interesting to read for others but to be honest I keep this blog mostly for myself. But I love reading comments when I get them and I’ve only encountered nice people here on WordPress.
So here we go. I don’t know how many I’ll think of right now but I’ll just go for it!
- I have never seen a single episode of the “Kardashians”. I honestly think that that family is the most overrated thing to happen in pop culture. Why is what they do interesting? How did they get famous? I’m trying not to be rude here to those who do watch it but I think it’s truly outrageous. I have no interest in it.
- I have a serious fear of going to the doctor. The dentist I’m fine with but I always fear that the doctor will tell me something awful. So I never go. Unless I can’t get out of it, like when I was pregnant. I remember taking the first blood test and having the worst anxiety ever afterwards. What would they find? Ugh. Luckily I’m fine.
- In the last two years I found fun in cooking and baking. I love experimenting with new spices, new dishes and recipes and I have a lot of fun doing it. Before I got pregnant I didn’t enjoy cooking at all. It’s not fun every single day obviously but I like going grocery shopping and meal plan.
- I’ll admit that I have been influenced by the terror fear that is going around these days. I’m scared about being at the wrong place at the wrong time, I’m scared about going to an airport. But I wish this wasn’t the case. It’s obviously unlikely to happen but it’s also very likely. It’s happening all over the world, every day. I’m so sad for what’s going on and I can’t not let it effect me.
- I’ve been dealing with high levels of anxiety since I was around 12 years old. It’s a daily struggle and I’m bad at talking about it.
- My husband and I went on our honeymoon to Tokyo/around Japan in 2015 and it was the best trip I have been on. Japan has got to be the safest place on earth. I have never felt so safe and welcome before. The food is the BEST. Ugh, typing about it makes me want to book a trip right now. I wish I was rich. But we do have a plan on going there in 2019. Money, money, money..
- Louis Theroux is my fave documentary presenter. His approach to the people he meets really works and he seems like such a nice guy on top of that.
- I get weird forceful thoughts. Nothing dangerous but just very random. Like my mind telling me I need to put the volume to exactly 50. Not 49, it has to be a round number. That’s just one example. It can be with food to. Not one slice of cheese on the toast, it has to be one and a half. I’m odd.
I have no inspiration to blog, guys. I don’t know what to blog about. I’ll do some more thinking and see if I can come up with some ideas. Because I really miss blogging.
My baby is almost 9 months now and I still can’t believe it. How fast time flew I’ll never quite accept. But seeing him grow up is so rewarding. I love being a stay at home mom and I’m so incredibly grateful that I have the option to do that.
Anyway. I’ll be back soon, hopefully! (Not that there is lots of you out there waiting for me to post, haha!)
(This is an old photo. He doesn’t have a mobile over his crib anymore.)